Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bertinator's Boot Camp On the Run!


"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -Benjamin Franklin

Fit Tip #5: We all want to see results right now! Which means we usually change absolutely everything we should, to do better. What happens is when you change everything at once, when one thing doesn't workout, you say "Forget it all! I'll start over tomorrow." Don't do that. Change 1 to 2 very doable things at first. STICK with it. Be consistent. As you accomplish little things, you build the confidence and self discipline to start accomplishing bigger things. Just keep going. 

Here is one of my signature workouts, that I do ALL the time! I am not much of a "runner.  I can't run, and run, and run... I need to break it up. So, anytime I thought about running.. this is pretty much what it turned into. I have dubbed it "Bertinator Boot Camp on The Run" - it was a favorite in my 31 Days- and so I'm bringing it to ya'll over here!

If you like this workout, there is plenty more over at www.bertinator.com in my latest Fitness Around The Year program! Sign up, and get 30 days to try it out! Otherwise, I will be posting one every Saturday here, so you can still get your fix. 

 If you have already done this boot camp on the run from my 31 Days- then make each exercise 20 reps instead of 12. If it is your first time doing this, and you are competitive- then you can ALSO, do 20 reps vs. 12;) Whatever you choose- just have fun, while getting it done.  

"BERTINATOR BOOT CAMP ON THE RUN"

Run 2 minutes
12 
push-ups
Run 1 minute
12 
burpees
Run 1 minute
12 
air squats
Run 1 minute
12 
star jumps
Run 1 minute
12 
good mornings
Run 1 minute
12 
jackie chans
Run 1 minute
30 second 
plank
Run 2 minutes

(each exercise is linked to a breakdown video if you do not know what it is, with 2-3 different modifications)

I can run for short bursts of time in the 1 to 2 minute range;) However, if you can't run, or don't have the ability to go outside due to weather or kids, or hop on a treadmill- then instead of running you can replace it with any form of cardio. Jumping jacks, jump rope or jogging in place to name a few.


Print the PDF, here.

This workout is for time!! Set a timer, and run to it.
Leave a comment letting me know what your time was, and how many reps you decided to go for. Then when you do this workout again, you have to BEAT your time;) You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!