Are you looking for toned, tight, flat abs?
As a trainer, one of the TOP things on my clients list is FLAT ABS! I am asked frequently, how I have had 4 kids and how my abs are better then ever. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve, and that ANYONE can achieve. Today I am sharing my 5 top tips with you, starting from 5 and counting down. #1 will BLOW your mind!
5. CRUNCHES. Doing abs everyday will help build your abdominal muscles and shape them, so that when time comes for them to "pop" through, they will look JUST right. Having muscle also will give you a tighter tummy altogether. I recommend doing 100 - 200 crunch variations everyday! Do them while you are watching TV, do them first thing the morning, do them while driving, do them right before you go to bed, do them while you are waiting for your water to boil on the stove. You get the point, before I start sounding like a Dr. Seuss book, just do them!
4. CORE EXERCISES. Adding core exercises to your workout routine will definitely help bring in your abs, and trimming your waistline. Core exercises burn extra calories, because you are working more then "just" your abs. Core exercises include planks, any exercise that requires balancing, and exercises where you use your full body.
3. CARDIO. Cardio is just as important as getting your crunches in and adding core exercises. Cardio will burn fat, get rid of the flab on your stomach, and let those toned abs shine through! We all have the abs, we just need help shedding that fat. Cardio comes in many different forms, so find what you love doing, and get it done. I recommend 2- 3 days of cardio, where you go at the same pace for 30-45 minutes, and 2-3 days of High Intensity Interval Training for 20 min., where you go as hard as you can for 20 - 30 seconds and recover for 1 minute and repeat. Sprinting is my favorite form of HIIT.
2. EAT CLEAN. Diet is so very important when it comes to your abs getting that perfect look. Clean eating means different things to different people. But if you want great abs, then clean eating needs to mean: Minimal, and preferably NO, processed foods, more veggies and fruit, no artificial flavorings, coloring, sweeteners, etc.... , wholesome grains, and GOOD fats. This calls for a MUCH longer blog post, coming soon:)
1. AND NOW! For The Bertinator's NUMBER 1 tip- and what I believe has really kept my abs in tip top shape- and that I do EVERY single day, ALL day!
Watch below:(and for a more clear picture, once you hit play, go to settings on the right hand side the wheel with spokes- and put it on either 720 HD or 1080 HD)
What tip or trick are you going to try?!
Here's to a flatter, more toned, sexy midsection!