Monday, November 12, 2012

My Journey With Isagenix


If you have been keeping up with me, you know that I am beginning a journey with Isagenix. It is time for me to take on a new challenge. If you have not been keeping up with me, feel free to read my previous blog post, and it will tell you ALL about it. In short, I am testing Isagenix to see what kind of results it can give me, and if I love it as much as everyone else seems to- you can bet I will start recommending it to EVERYONE I know.

A little bit of a quick back ground. I have been pretty active all my life. I was a gymnast for 8 years, a cheerleader for 5, along with dabbling in middle school and high school volleyball, basketball, track and tennis. I have never been one to sit on the sidelines. And that didn't stop after I graduated either. After high school, I had the goal to begin competing in fitness competitions and win Fitness America! Well, clearly that wasn't exactly the path I was supposed to take at that moment in time, as I met and fell in love with my super funny and handsome husband- we got married, had a kid, had a kid, had a kid (3 in 3 yrs) THEN I was finally able to compete in fitness. I competed at the regional level- taking the title of Ms. Fitness Delta in 2005, only 15 months after having my 3rd baby, and got 2nd runner up in Ms. Fitness Texas. I loved every second of it! I took a little break, and felt I should put competing on the side for now since all my kids were so young, and would wait to train again when they all were in school. Little did I know, that as soon as my youngest hit kindergarten, that I would have my 4th kid:) (Kid is said with the most loving sentiment possible!;))

I thought about competing after my 4th, but 4 kids is A LOT! I had a brand new business, I was trying to take my fitness career in a different direction, and competing takes a LOT, a LOT, a LOT of time and dedication, and I just wasn't ready to dive into that again, just yet.

So, I had to redirect my fitness business and BORN was The Bertinator!! 

And I haven't looked back;) 

I was livin' the dream! I was doing what I love, my kids were all thriving, my husband had a great job. Everything was PERFECT!! 

Well, did you know- that when everything is going great, it is pretty easy to do great, to BE great, etc... Little did I know, that things would start falling apart, and my little world wouldn't be so "perfect" - and THIS is why I need the challenge! 

I may be The Bertinator, but I'm human, and I have a family, and we go through DRAMA just like every other family- and this last year has been particularly tough. I had to very suddenly move from Orange County, CA, leave everything behind, and pick my family up and move back to Texas. It wasn't what I wanted, and it was the hardest decision I have had to make yet, but I knew it was the best decision at the time for my family, and it had to be done. I am leaving this very vague, and may decide to share my story with you all at some point in time. 

I am hoping that me, opening myself up to ya'll and showing my VERY vulnerable side, that we can strengthen each other, and realize, that no matter how "perfect" we are, how "perfect" a body we have, etc.. without relationships, and supportive, positive people around, then it doesn't matter. It is ALL about the journey, not the destination! 

So, that is why I'm opening up my journey for you all to see. Am I happy that I let the stress get to me, and over indulge in PLENTY of foods that I normally would only have in moderation and only sometimes?! NO! Of course not-- but it happened. Am I happy that I didn't get as many work outs in as I should have? Nope! And am I afraid to open myself up to all of you, and for you to see that right now I don't have my "fitness model" figure?? You bet I am!! Haha;) But I can't be The Bertinator and not walk the walk, and do exactly what I ask each and every one of you. I want you to be able to connect with me. I'm not someone who loses weight with a snap of a finger, or has always had this RACING metabolism- I have always had to work for what I have. I have curves (minus boobs, obviously) and I'm not small boned. I sweat it up, and I want you to see that!:) 

Without further suspense, here are my before pics and stats taken today! 

Here's to kicking my own booty, eating clean and adding in Isagenix! 
I will add updated pics/stats every 2 weeks. However, I will be updating regularly what I'm eating, what my workout is, how I feel with Isagenix so far, etc.... I want you to know that this worked 100%, so when it comes time to recommend it, you will see FIRST hand, that if it worked for me, it can work for you!! 


Are you as excited as I am??

To follow me on my journey, subscribe to my blog, follow me on twitter, pinterest, and facebook

I would love to have your friendly face along the way;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!